Sunday, September 29, 2013



   Oh how I miss you Today Grandma!!!

I got this poem from a very close family friends face book wall and I loved it made me think of you Grandma. So to finish my blog about my grandma the other day. She passed away on Mon May 20th, 2013 I will remember that day forever because when she left she took a piece of my heart with her. I still remember after we left the hospital that day We were all crying and just trying to some how get over what just happened. We drove to my Grandparents house ( now it was Grandpa's house) when we walked in we all just starting crying. We all just sat on the couch thinking about Grandma and looking around the house it felt so empty without Grandma there. The rest of the week was very hard and went by very fast tons of family, friends, visitors came in and out of the house all week. We went and picked out the cemetery where she would be out to rest (it's like a 2 minute drive from my mom's house in Benicia), we ordered flowers, gravestone, arranged the funeral who would talk, sing, be the people participating in services etc. That week was one of the hardest week's of my families and my life. It definitely brought us all closer together though. We got to see many family members that we haven't seen for quite awhile. There were tons and tons of people at my Grandmas funeral. We are so blessed for all the food, love, comfort and support we were giving at that time here is what the services included:                    Prayer by my sister Shannon
                    Opening hymn #85- How firm a foundation
                   Eulogy: Uncle Scott
                    Speaker: Kent Killian
                  Special musical number: by us 4 grand kids, Uncle Steven and  my mom ( we sang " I need thee every hour"
                       Speaker:Uncle Steven
                Closing hymn : How great thou art
               Closing prayer: My mom

This is the things about my Grandma
Born: Sat Aug 20th
in Rock Springs, Wyoming
Passed away: May 20th, 2013 Sacramento Cali
Services: Friday May 24th, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment